Why Do I Have Cracks In My Parking Lot?
Fixing cracks in a parking lot is one of the least expensive ways to make the pavement last longer. A good plan for managing pavement includes filling cracks with hot rubberized glue every year before winter.
During cold winters, when temperatures range from below freezing to below zero, your pavement will grow and shrink. The pavement can get worse because of this expansion and contraction. The deterioration leads to potholes, cracks, and, in the end, complete failure of the asphalt and concrete. If you don’t use the right materials to seal these kinds of cracks, they will get worse and you’ll have to pay a lot of money to replace the asphalt.
At the first sign of a crack, it’s important to start a program to seal it. Hot-rubberized sealants can be put on the pavement at any time of the year. Qualified paving contractors can fix cracks in asphalt with hot rubberized filler before they seal coat or pave the asphalt.
A hot-rubberized crack sealant can be used to fix cracks in asphalt pavement. This will make your asphalt parking lot last longer. When used as a preventive maintenance measure once a year, crack sealing will increase the value of your parking lot and save property owners money in the long run.
Who in NJ Seals Cracks with Hot Rubberized Sealant?
* Property and Facility Managers
* Homeowner Association (HOA) Communities
* Shopping Centers
* Apartments and Condos
* Office Complexes
* Industrial Parks
* Asphalt parking lot owners and managers
Top 5 Reasons Your Parking Lot Needs Crack Filling Before Winter
1) Waterproofing Sealing the cracks helps keep water from getting into the sub-base through the cracks.
2) Prevent Potholes: Cracks in your parking lot will eventually make the pavement weaker, which will make it more likely that potholes will form in the asphalt. This is because asphalt grows and shrinks when the temperature changes.
3) Safety: If a customer gets hurt or damages their car because your parking lot has big holes and cracks, you will be held legally responsible.
4) Delay The Bottom Line: It’s cheaper to make small repairs to your parking lot than to have to re-pave it.
5) Crack sealing extends the life of your asphalt pavement. Studies have shown that if crack sealing is done as part of a full plan for preventative maintenance, it will add 10–15 years to the life of your parking lot.
How Much Does It Cost to Seal Cracks in an Asphalt Parking Lot in NJ:
The average price to seal cracks in an asphalt parking lot is between $0.60 and $1.10 per linear foot. The cost depends on how much space needs to be fixed, how much work needs to be done to get ready, how wide and deep the crack is, and what kind of materials are used.